Things that remind me why life is good:
- The woman who slowed her car down beside me as I was wheezingly running down the sidewalk this morning (and wondering, yet again, why on earth I signed up for that stupid 5K in the first place), and called out the window to me “You can do it! You are awesome! Never give up!”
- French bread pizzas for lunch, made with sauce from home-canned tomatoes we grew in our garden, on bread I made myself
- The cats, who never let a day pass without making me laugh at least once
- My husband, who is the most awesome husband in the world (and I am not biased at all)
- My family, because when we get together over the holidays, we do this, and even having some of us in a different state will not stop us from continuing the tradition (that is, after all, what Google Hangout is for).
‘Tis the season for Holidailies.
Yeah, remind me again why we signed up for that 5k? I thought the same thing this morning as I shuffled down the sidewalk wishing for some kind of space/time continuum to whisk me to the end of the 3.1 miles.